Sunday, September 2, 2007

august roundup!

Wow, August just flew by didn't it? I spent most of my August obsessing over Torchwood (which begins on BBC America on September 8th--check it out. John Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd are too beautiful for words) and listening to Fall Out Boy.

I also visited Atlanta's World of Coca-Cola which was pretty much too cool for words. I love memorabilia and I love Coke! Right now I'm pretty much only drinking Diet Coke though or Coke Zero because soda pop really is just empty calories for the normal kind.

Beyond the beginning of fall semester, there hasn't been anything worthy of blogging about.

I did buy the cutest coat ever from Old Navy.




















And I really want this flask from Urban Outfitters.


















Oh, I also saw Superbad which was pretty fucking hilarious on all accounts and Becoming Jane which was maddeningly boring despite the dishiness of James McAvoy. And I finally saw Nancy Drew which was surprisingly really awesome!

Becoming Jane did prompt me however to be more interested in Jane Austen's work. PBS is airing her books next year [Masterpiece Theatre: The Complete Works of Jane Austen] which is really exciting because I am really bad at reading and prefer to watch stories unfold. I am attempting to read Mansfield Park, but pretty much I'm stuck on page 49. Austen's work is SO confusing because everybody is like Miss Bertram and I'm like which Miss Bertram is this? And who's Mrs. Grant? OMG, I'm so confused! However, this is progress for me because I gave up on Pride and Prejudice after page 20. Austen's writing style is quite tedious and I don't know how people actually read her works.

I also bought a really swank purse this past month, but I can't find it on Target.com, so I can't show you pictures because I'm too lazy to take any of my own.

Also, mostly, the September issues of magazines have been on a whole satisfactory. I'm terribly disappointed in GQ, but I blame the big emphasis of politics on that--seriously, GQ what was up with that?! But everything else has been tops. I really love the new Brooks Brothers campaign. Heidi Klum is just beautiful in the Town & Country piece too. I haven't really looked at W yet because it finally arrived in my mailbox today, but what I had previously seen of the piece on Gwenyth Paltrow, I'm definitely intrigued by what else the magazine has to offer. And Marie Claire's piece on Ashely Olsen is to die! Loves it.

I think that's all.

A bit of a calendar:
September 3rd/4th: Yelle's album Pop-Up comes out!
September 6th: Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, 10pm!
November 1st: Victoria Beckham's That Extra Half Inch released in the US
November 14th: Project Runway returns!!!

Obviously, nothing cool is happening in October.

TWO MORE THINGS:
Britney Spears's new song is INCREDIBLE! I seriously love it.

And everything should read this interview with Tim Gunn because he is the coolest man in the world.

No comments: