Monday, May 7, 2007

summer movies

I am forever finding movie ticket stubs in my bedroom. I think there's one for Just My Luck somewhere by my bed, it just lays on the floor (amusement that I never realized until today, I saw a Lindsay Lohan movie on 06/06/06). And I have a stack in my TV stand and my In the Land of Women ticket stub is covering my face on my driver's license. I think I have one in my copy of another e.e. cummings. I know there's at least six in my old wallet from 2004 which I still have because it's Deery Lou. I love going to the movies and I don't throw my ticket stubs away. I love watching movies in a dark theatre on giant screens.

However, this summer, I honestly don't have one movie that I'm just DYING to see. I mean, there's Ocean's 13 which I will inevitably see because it's Clooney, Pitt, and Damon, but I don't think I'll be bummed if I don't see it. I will probably see Licensed to Wed because I have a girlcrush on Mandy Moore. Those are the only two movies I may spend the money to see.

This summer is full of blockbusters too: Spiderman, Shrek, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribean. Sequels, movies people are excited about, movies that have fans. I just am not excited about them. I never actually saw any of the Spiderman movies. I hated Shrek. I disliked the last Harry Potter movie, it was so boring and a waste of time. I missed the second Pirates movie and we own it, but I can't be bothered to see it.

I just wished I was more excited about summer movies. Well, at least, maybe this summer, I may actually read a book or two.

No comments: