Monday, May 14, 2007

trovata & rufus wainwright





Money can buy happiness but it can't prevent sadness or despair, or bad weather, or loneliness...

This is a pretty cool shirt. I've been interested in Trovata's work since 2005 when they won the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award. I really like their clean lines and I love simple menswear and that's what Trovata did at first. I think they expanded to women last year, I'm not too sure. Regardless, I had to share this shirt.

Another thing I tried to write about earlier, but got distracted is Rufus Wainwright. Poses is one of my favorite albums, it really is. And I love most of the songs off of his self-titled. And when he and Ben Folds covered Careless Whisper, it really was a beautiful thing. And this past January when I'd listen to little else but his version of Bewitched. But I'm not too thrilled about his newest release.

Release the Stars comes out on Tuesday. You can stream it from VH1 here. The whole album sounds mostly melancholy. I didn't listen closely to the lyrics, so maybe it wasn't supposed to be, but I found it to be sad. There were two more upbeat (musically speaking) songs: "Rules and Regulations" and "Sans Souci" but that's it. I haven't bought a Rufus album since buying Poses and I really don't think I will buy this. It's not a bad album, but it really isn't my cup of tea.

No comments: