Friday, June 15, 2007

secret society girl



Last month while in Barnes & Noble I had seen a book called Secret Society Girl, the cover was very prep and it was subtitled as "An Ivy League Novel". I promptly swooned and wished I had the ten dollars to buy it. Next pay day, I bought it and was most pleased with the book!

Secret Society Girl is about a college junior named Amy who is invited to be one of the first female members of a secret society called the Rose & Grave. Amy attends Eli University (fictionalized Yale) and Rose & Grave is very reminiscent of Skull & Bones. I love secret societies! The book is an easy read and very cute. The book details Amy's acceptance into Rose & Grave and also some drama with her previous life and her future life as a "Digger" (member of Rose & Grave). Diana Peterfreund filled the book with lots of pop culture references which is always a great source of amusement!

If you're ever looking for a quick cute read and happen to like secret societies like I do, I would most definitely recommend this book--it's very tops. The next installment, Under the Rose, comes out on June 26th and I can't wait! I really look forward to where Amy's life is going to go.

Buy Secret Society Girl // Read Diana Peterfreund's blog

No comments: