Monday, April 7, 2008

some things

So, today I received the BEST. NEWS. EVER!!! I have been accepted to my study abroad program which means I'll be going to England in September! Loves it!

Besides my total excitement about that, I've been watching a lot of television and thought I would blog about that.

This past season of Torchwood has been a disappointment. While it had its moments, on the whole, I was not impressed and am probably not going to continue watching it if it gets picked up for a third series. I didn't like James Marsters guesting on it and I didn't think Freema Agyeman was used to her full potential (which is saying something because I don't like Martha Jones.) And Gwen is beyond annoying. She's my least favorite character. I enjoyed having more Andy Davidson though--PC Andy is beyond awesome. I really was just frustrated with the whole series--after this one, I've pretty much have decided I still love Ianto Jones, but Owen Harper is my new favorite character which is beyond tragic. Also, there was not enough Tosh--there never is. I adore John Barrowman, but nothing comes to mind about Captain Jack Harkness except for that gorgeous snogging with Ianto.

Since Torchwood was an utter loss, I was sort of not holding my breath about Doctor Who, but OMG, the first episode was so freaking awesome!!! The aliens were kind of gross in regards to their inception, but they were cute. And Donna definitely won me over. And I can't believe they teased us with Rose so early in the season! I seriously can't wait for this week's episode! Pompeii! Dude, how awesome!

Besides my British sci-fi, I have taken quite a liking to Top Gear. A car show? What? Yeah. It's awesome. The presenters are funny and I really am quite amused by it all! I like having something to watch.

So, yeah, TV is fun.

Also, a friend of mine pointed muxtape out to me. It's brill--a mixtape on the internet. Down side is that technically you can only register one account--I haven't bothered trying to get another with a different email addy, but it's still quite cool. Mine can be found here.

Last note is my latest procrastination method: Chain Factor. It's a super fun game and quite addictive--it even requires a little bit of thought. Good times!

So, that's it for now! xx

No comments: